We provide advice to both retailers and shopping centres. This includes experience in acting for a range of household name fashion chains, supermarkets and department stores.
The following provides a flavour of the advice we can offer:
- Advice on raising funds (private equity or debt) for store openings, franchise roll outs and brand development
- Acting for Landlords, Tenants and Developers in all property matters including letting and renewal issues
- Negotiating agreements for lease for new retail facilities at retail destinations in the course of construction and refurbishment, leases of existing premises, licences and franchises to operate within market designer outlet and department store venues
- Provision of tax advice in relevant SDLT, VAT, capital allowance and construction industry scheme issues
- Pursuing claims against websites following defamatory comments posted on blogs
- Dealing with strategic issues concerning closure or relocation including property issues, staff consultation, changes to terms and conditions and redundancies
- Enforcing and resisting claims in respect of restrictive covenants
We'd love to hear from you. Please call Alex Clements on 0113 849 4039.