Secured real estate & banking
Practical expert advice you can trust to protect your interests and take care of the detail.
Trusted by lenders and borrowers
During difficult economic conditions, we’ve continued to handle new money deals – a testament to the confidence lenders have in our team. We act for high-street banks, secondary lenders, challenger and peer-to-peer banks, and other corporate and individual lenders. And also act for borrowers on real estate finance, asset-based lending, development funding and restructuring projects. The strong relationships we have with both lenders and borrowers enable us to make valuable introductions.
Pragmatic, efficient advice
We’re known for providing practical, straightforward advice efficiently and cost-effectively. We’re both proactive and commercially minded and are used to working to critical deadlines. Our work ranges from general banking and finance transactions to complex debt restructuring, for which our team has experience of a wide variety of debt financing techniques.
Reduced risk for every sector
Clients come to us from a broad range of sectors, including healthcare, education, renewables, retail, leisure, residential development and more. Whether you’re a lender or borrower, you can depend on consistently high-quality guidance designed to mitigate risk. We take the smallest of details into consideration and shape our advice around your specific challenges, goals and objectives.
Well-rounded guidance and protection
To ensure we apply the appropriate expertise to every transaction from the outset, we collaborate closely with solicitors in our other teams. These include experts in taxation and commercial property, and corporate, insolvency, environmental and regulatory law. It helps us to ensure each loan facility protects the lending, with solid security for lenders to enable debt recovery strategies where needed.
What our clients say
What areas do we cover?
- Acquisition finance / Asset based Lending
- Debt restructuring
- Derivative transactions – ISDA documentation
- Development funding and project funding structuring
- FX – Foreign Exchange
- Inter creditor arrangements – deeds of subordination/priority and parri passu
- Portfolio work – acquisition and re-finance – secured lending
- Corporate and property transactions
- General banking and finance transactions
- Facility letters/Loan agreement
- Lending to partnerships, LLP’s, limited companies – (onshore) and Corporate lending overseas (offshore)
- Loan recovery and enforcement
- Working capital and general commercial finance