If you’re in the first year of a degree course or equivalent, or at a later stage in your education, we’d love to receive your application.
Unfortunately we do not have availability on any of our schemes at the moment.
Further details of any future work experience schemes will be posted here once they are announced.
If you would like any more details, email NeilTowse@schofieldsweeney.co.uk
When our applications open please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of your current CV.
- A cover letter, or email, using the guidance notes below in ‘What are we looking for’
- Which of our offices you’d prefer your placement to take place in (we can’t always accommodate preferences but we take them into account).
- Your preference for dates (TBC)
If you have any questions about our work experience programme, then please contact our HR Director, Neil Towse on 0113 849 4073.
If you’d also like to apply for a training contract with us, this is a separate application process. Please see our page on training contracts for more details.
Your application needs to be accurate, so ensure it’s checked thoroughly for typos and errors. If it’s not, your application will fall at the first hurdle.
We are not looking for someone who is just ‘building’ their CV or ‘collecting’ placements, so you will need to convince us that we would be making the right decision in offering a place to you.
- You may be at the very early stages of your academic career, but do you already have an area of the law that you are particularly interested in? If so, make sure you tell us more about it in your covering letter.
- Tell us what you know about Schofield Sweeney.
- We want to know about your academic career, so make sure you tell us about where you’ve studied and what grades you’ve got.
- We want to know about what work experiences you have had. Don’t worry if they’ve not been in law. Some of the most important skills can be gained in all manner of retail or service-industry roles.
- Tell us about your achievements, be they academic, personal or sporting ones. Anything really, that gives us a better insight into who you are.
Depending upon what client work is taking place, you’ll be based mainly within one department, though there may be opportunities to work with or at least to meet, other teams too.
Bear in mind it is only for one week, so there will be some limits as to exactly how involved you can be. However, we’ll want you to get involved in day-to-day work, so that might mean going to Court with one of our lawyers, attending client meetings or undertaking a key piece of research.
Alongside this, there will be a number of other tasks we will set you during the week, which will be designed to test your organisational skills and your inter-personal skills, amongst other things.
It will be your chance to make a good impression on us, but it’s also a chance for us to impress you too.
We’ll do our best to ensure you get to know as much about Schofield Sweeney as possible, and what it takes to make a great lawyer here.
One final thing to mention, succeed in your work experience placement, and we would be delighted for you to apply for a training contract with us.