A sensitive approach to handling personal disputes
Contentious probate and inheritance disputes
Disputes relating to inheritance and succession can make what is undoubtedly an already challenging time for grieving families, even more difficult. Such disputes can be very complex and costly, meaning that it is important to seek advice from specialist lawyers as early as possible.
Whether you are a disappointed beneficiary, dealing with intestacy (i.e. where there is no will) or challenging the validity of a Will, we provide technical advice on all types of Will, trust and estate disputes.
We assist partners, spouses and children of the deceased or those maintained by the deceased, as well as executors and personal representatives of the estate.
Our lawyers are members of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
We ensure your concerns are heard and addressed
We will support you through:
- Challenging probate claims, Will disputes and inheritance disputes.
- Resolving conflicts involving executors or trustees.
- Addressing disputes related to land and property ownership, including claims under the Trusts of Land Appointment Trustees Act 1996.
- Managing farming and agricultural disputes.
- Proprietary Estoppel claims.
We’re here to help
Each case is different, our fees reflect the work undertaken and we offer a range of payment arrangements. Your solicitor will discuss these with you before any costs are incurred and keep you fully informed on progress throughout the matter.