Craig heads up the department, working with businesses and individuals on environmental and regulatory matters.
He deals with both contentious and non-contentious issues, including environmental incidents, workplace accidents, health and safety and environmental notices, investigations, actions, disputes, contaminated land, asbestos, fracking, local authority matters (odour, noise, planning enforcement), and land-related development.
Craig regularly advises those being investigated or enforced against, public bodies and local authorities with enforcement functions, and third parties who are affected by environmental matters.
His expertise also includes:
- Waste – waste-handling, fly-tipping
- Flooding – flooding, flood alleviation, consumer, local government, protecting businesses
- Drainage – drainage disputes, flood protection, environmental protection, rivers, watercourses
- Environmental compliance – environmental solutions, waste, environmental permits, the definition of waste, circular economy, land reclamation, and environmental protection
Work highlights include:
- Representing a national car breaking operator alleged with causing pollution due to waste permitting non-compliance.
- Advising an internal drainage board against the Coal Authority for mining-related subsidence, and against a water undertaker for lack of maintenance of assets causing flooding.
- Representing a school at the inquest of one of its pupils, amidst allegations of bullying.