About this event
- 18th May 2021
- 9:30 am - 10:45 am
Recruitment can be a minefield in any sector but for schools, operating within a robust legislative framework and with safeguarding an overarching obligation, the risks of getting it wrong can be significant.
For our next schools and academies webinar, we will be joined by safeguarding expert, Yvonne Sinclair. We will be covering the following:
How the changes in DBS filtering rules effects safer recruitment in education to include:
- self-disclosure declarations
- the main wording changes for the application form
- your responsibilities in signposting potential employees to filtering guidance
- juvenile automatic filtering
- retaining copies of DBS certificates
Best practice for the single central record to include:
- mandatory & best practice recording
- EEA sanctions (from 1/1/2021)
- what training is available for managing SCR
References and requesting/providing details with regards final warnings and reprimands, and disclosing sickness absence
The recruitment process: must we advertise all posts externally?
Top tips for avoiding discrimination
Our webinar is perfect for HR leads, departmental heads and those who manage staff in schools and academies.
This event is not open to freelance HR professionals or recruitment agencies.
We look forward to welcoming you.