About this event
- 29th Feb 2024
- 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Kettering Park Hotel & Spa
- Free for Just Teach subscribers / £25 + VAT pp
Employee absence can be costly for any business but in the education sector, with generous sick pay entitlements, the cost and impact of absence on organisations as well as its students, can be significant.
Schofield Sweeney’s education team advise over 150 schools and academies across the UK, so we are familiar with your problems.
In our next in-person education workshop, our Employment and Education Law Partner Annie Gray, will equip you with the knowledge and skills to manage short and long term absences effectively and support staff on their return to work. Annie will use a series of case studies based on real-life scenarios to provide practical advice about how to handle complex situations, tricky issues and reasonable adjustments.
Some of the key topics we will cover are:
- Workplace stress: does this amount to a disability?
- Getting the most out of occupational health
- Reasonable adjustments: what does this look like?
- When will dismissal following absence be fair?
- Absence following a grievance: does this change the management approach?
- Supporting staff health and wellbeing
The seminar is ideal for Headteachers, Executive Headteachers, Business Managers, HR Managers and School Senior Leaders.
T he details
Join us in-person on 29th February 2024 at Kettering Park Hotel & Spa
Registration is at 9am, with refreshments provided. The seminar will begin at 9.30am and will finish at approximately 11.30am.
We hope to see you there.