About this event
- 18th May 2023
- 9:30 am - 10:45 am
As the cost-of-living crisis continues and businesses face increasing financial pressures, it is estimated that 1 in 5 businesses are contemplating redundancies over the coming year.
Join us at our free webinar where we’ll support employers who are contemplating redundancies. We’re here to help you conduct a fair process and where possible, consider alternative options and avoid Employment Tribunal claims.
The webinar will cover:
- How to demonstrate there is a genuine redundancy situation
- The advantage and disadvantages of asking for volunteers
- Identifying the pool for selection
- The application of fair selection criteria
- Whether or not interviews should be held
- The consultation process
- Liaising with union representatives
- Redundancy payments
- Specific problems such as maternity leave
There will also be the opportunity for you to ask our expert, Simon Shepherd any questions.
This webinar is perfect for business owners, line managers and HR professionals