We are experienced in advising both mainstream and special schools on the numerous complexities surrounding admissions and exclusions, as well as the demands of pupils with Special Educational Needs.
We can advise you on:
- Setting admission criteria & admission policies
- The application of the Admissions Code and Appeal Admissions Code
- In-year admissions
- Admission of excluded pupils
- Admission of pupils with Special Educational Needs & associated funding issues
- Admission appeals
- Exclusions and exclusion appeals, including in relation to SEN and statemented pupils
- Pupil Behaviour Policies
- Reasonable Adjustments
- SEN assessment and statements
- EHC plans and transition
We can also represent you in the SENDist Tribunal in the event that a claim is brought against the school by a parent or pupil in respect of their Special Educational Needs or Disability status.
We'd love to hear from you. Please call Simon Shepherd on 0113 849 4000.