We can provide your school with a one stop solution for both HR Support and Employment law issues.
Employment Law Support
We provide legal advice to hundreds of schools across the UK.
Our experienced team are familiar with the School Teachers Pay & Conditions Document as well as the Burgundy and Green books.
We can advise you in all aspects of Employment Law and HR guidance including:
- Discipline and / or Grievance procedures
- Performance management, appraisal and performance related pay
- Short and Long Term sickness absence
- Changing terms and conditions of employment
- Restructure and salary safeguarding
- Drafting contracts of employment / policies & procedures
- Issues surrounding child safeguarding and LADO liaison
- Reviewing and / or drafting letters to employees or unions
- Advising on settlement agreements
In addition to legal support for employment issues we are also able to offer, through our partner organisations, a comprehensive range of Human Resources and Organisational Development advisory services. These include:
- Management of HR Issues - Advice and support in the management of individual employees, for example conduct and capability issues; grievances; sickness management; bullying and harassment complaints; formal consultations. This could include undertaking investigations; coaching managers through the process; attendance at meetings and formal hearings; liaison with legal advisers and trade union representatives; summarising outcomes and advising on due process.
- People Strategies - Reviews and recommendations to deliver workforce strategies that meet the needs of the business. This could include organisational structure reviews and workforce planning; recruitment and selection; talent management and succession planning; skills review and gap analysis; workforce development planning.
- Organisational & Workforce Development - Analysis, design and implementation of interventions to ensure that the workforce has the capability to deliver the organisation’s objectives. This could include leadership and management training; designing and delivering develop centres; culture and behaviour change; team facilitation; personal development coaching.
We also host regular seminars, aimed both specifically at the Education Sector and to our general commercial clients which offer a great opportunity to network and benefit from colleagues’ experience. Subscribers to our 'Just Teach' service receive two free places at all Schofield Sweeney HR seminars.
For more information about 'Just Teach' click here or call one of our team for further details.