We deal quickly and effectively with environmental, health and safety and local authority matters.
We are all about minimising risk, assisting compliance and finding sensible solutions to environmental and regulatory challenges.
Environmental regulation can be time consuming and complex. Sometimes you need someone to advise you of your options in plain English. We are good at that.
If you face regulatory investigations or intervention, we know that you need decisive, fast and cost effective solutions which allow you to operate with minimise disruption and reputational impact.
We will work together with you, for you
What we do;
- Incidents and Investigations. If you experience an environmental or health and safety incident, we can quickly advise you on your options, liability and resolution strategies. We can help you with unannounced visits, compliance notices, and can provide critical incident legal advice. Our team includes former prosecutors who can represent you in court proceedings.
- Waste and Environmental Permit Compliance. Waste law is not straightforward, and is not found all in one place. Whether something is waste or not can sometimes be a difficult question to answer. Our detailed knowledge of environmental regulation will help you remain compliant.
- Development and Renewables. Environmental issues surrounding land transactions, regeneration and development projects are commonplace. Potential contamination caused by historic land use requires strategic advice and carefully drafted conditions. Some development projects need to mitigate impact on local species or the effect of wind turbine developments on the national air traffic control radars, both of which involve the relevant regulatory authorities to comply with planning conditions. We can help you navigate through these issues.
- Health and Safety. We provide support and advice following a work place accident or incident. We assist with investigations, improvement notices, court proceedings, inquiries, and inquests. Our advice is robust and pragmatic, and it can be tailored to your specific requirements.
- Local Authority Regulation. We can advise you on a full range of local authority regulation, including environmental health, food hygiene, noise and odour nuisance, planning enforcement and trading standards investigations. Our team is scalable to your needs and we offer cost effective and practical solutions.
- Flooding and Drainage. Flooding is on the rise. It is expensive, disruptive, and can be heart-breaking. If your property is flooded due to the actions or inaction of others, we can advise you on your options. We can help you claim for flooding and drainage related damage and loss.
- Drainage Authorities and Internal Drainage Boards. We offer a dedicated service to Internal Drainage Boards, Water Management Agencies, and those with flood and water level management responsibilities. We support Board members and their advisors on public law matters, procurement, information requests, land acquisition, asset ownership and maintenance, commutation of obligations, and dispute resolution.
For examples on how we can help you please click here.
The team is headed up by Craig Burman, Director and is primarily supported by Adam Hastie, Jennifer Clarke, and Marion Meager. For more detail on our team members please click on the links.
What makes us different?
We are straightforward and approachable. We offer clarity of thought, and we speak to be understood. When you need someone to explain things in plain English we will do just that.
Our team’s varied background allows us to think creatively. We will give you the options, and tell you what is good and bad about each one of them. We are scalable to suit your requirements, and we can be mindful of your budget.
Our focus is on you, and we know that our role is to facilitate your best outcome.
Please call Craig on 01274 377283 and tell us how we can help you.
Is your transport toxic?
Eco-warrior? No I'm the girl next door.
The Government says frack